Evoramonte is a parish in the municipality of Estremoz. It has the alternative name of Santa Maria.
It was part of the heritage of the House of Braganza, was the county seat until the nineteenth century.The construction of the Castle of Evoramonte it started after the conquest from the Moors by the Portuguese forces commanded by the legendary Geraldo Sem Pavor, circa 1160.
The castle in stone masonry and ashlar granite, has square plan, with round turrets at the corners, mixing elements of the Gothic style with Renaissance-inspired Italian. Internally divided into three floors, with vaulted ceilings, built on pillars of stone. In turrets wider at the base than at the top, ripping visors. The cloths are adorned with us carved in stone, typical of the Manueline style.